Your body doesn´t produce calcium, so you must get it through other sources. Considering the fact that many Nigerians don´t get enough calcium in their diets (particularly children, adolescents and adults age 50 and older); calcium supplements are often the solution.
OneLifeNigeria´s CalPlus Complex is a power packed and balanced calcium formula. Its 1000 mg proprietary blend of 10 different calcium compounds, plus 500 mg of magnesium and 400IU of Vitamin D make this a stand out formula. Additionally, its ratio of Calcium to Vitamin D helps maximize absorption and the inclusion of magnesium helps minimize the constipation effects of calcium. You can trust it as an enviro positive Non-GMO formula!
Calcium supplement labels can be confusing. The calcium itself can come from a variety of sources and be in many forms. The most common are Calcium carbonate (often from a land based source: limestone, marble or chalk) and Calcium citrate (simple version = calcium carbonate bathed in citric acid). There are several other types of calcium compounds, each with unique properties. In addition to the two most common (carbonate and citrate) OneLifeNigeria´s CalPlus Complex features 8 more calcium compounds – each bringing unique beneficial elements to this formula. The included 8 calcium compounds are:
- Dicalcium phosphate – a source of both the mineral calcium and of phosphate, which you use for a variety of purposes (producing bone matrix and synthesizing DNA)
- Calcium amino acid chelate – calcium that is specially bonded (chelated) with amino acids to enhance absorption and assimilation. Calcium hydroxyapatite – a form of calcium derived from cow bone and typically includes an array of other minerals as well as bone proteins.
- Calcium gluconate – often used in injectable form for low blood calcium, high blood potassium, and magnesium toxicity. Also used in supplement form to help increase calcium intake.
- Calcium lactate – like calcium citrate is more easily absorbed on an empty stomach.
- Calcium orotate – two molecules of orotic acid bonded to a calcium molecule. Is thought to be a highly absorbable form of calcium as the orotate protects the calcium from stomach acid.
- Calcium succinate – considered to be a highly absorbable form of calcium. Calcium alpha-ketoglutarate – a special form mineral calcium used to help restore calcium levels by re–establishing a normal balance of calcium and phosphate in the body.
All varieties of calcium supplements are better absorbed when taken in small doses (500 mg or less) at mealtimes. Just as Vitamin D3 helps to maximize the absorption of calcium, there are compounds that decrease the absorption of calcium. For example, oxalic acid (in dark leafy greens, rhubarb, soy and cocoa), phosphoric acid (in dark sodas) and magnesium based laxatives all decrease the absorption of calcium.
Getting enough calcium on a daily basis is important. Most know about calcium´s role in building and maintaining strong bones and teeth, but your heart, muscles and nerves also need calcium to function properly. If your diet doesn´t provide your daily calcium needs (especially those 50+) or you eat, drink or take medications that decrease your ability to absorb calcium, then OneLifeNigeria´s CalPlus Complex calcium formula may be your great choice!
There are no reviews yet.