A Slipped disc is a common problem that usually takes place due to wrong posture & long-time sitting job. It is also known as a herniated disc that creates a problem with one of the rubbery cushion between the individual bones. A spinal disc is jelly donut with softer center within a tougher exterior. This condition occurs when a softer jelly pushes out, it irritates the nerves, & causes numbness, pain, or weakness in legs or arms. Many people with the slipped disc are gone through surgery but not get any proper relief.
What are the Signs & Symptoms of Slipped Disc?
The different signs & symptoms seen in slipped disc patients are:
- Numbness, pain, tingling sensation, or weakness in the neck, arm, shoulder, or hand.
- Pain in the lower back that radiates the both knees or thighs.
- Tingling sensation & numbness around the genitals or anus.
- Difficulty in controlling bladder function or bowel movements.
- Pain occurs while raising legs, straining, or coughing.
What are the Causes of Slipped Disc?
A Slipped disc is gradually due to aging-related wear & tear known as disc degeneration. Lifting heavy objects, weights, turning or twisting while lifting, accident, fracture, etc are the cause for a slipped disc.
What are the Risk Factors for Slipped Disc?
The risk factors that are related to Slipped disc are mentioned below:
- Obesity: Excess weight in the body causes exertion on discs in the lower back.
- Genetics: Most of the people inherit a herniated disc that is the reason for a slipped disc.
- Occupation: People with prolonged sitting jobs, pushing or pulling heavy weights are at higher risk of developing herniated discs.
What is the Ayurvedic View of Slipped Disc?
In Ayurveda, Slipped disc is due to vitiation of Vata dosha that causes pain, inflammation, & stiffness in the body. So to balance vata dosha is necessary.
What is the Ayurvedic Treatment for Slipped Disc?
In Ayurveda, there are numerous herbs that deal with the imbalanced vata dosha responsible for slipped disc problem. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre introduces “Disc Care Kit” for the proper treatment of Slipped disc problem. This kit contains five ayurvedic products.
All products description in details:
1. Detox Premium Powder
Detox premium powder is composed of herbo-mineral ingredients such as moti pishti, shukta pishti, giloy satav, parwal pishti, kamdudha ras, jahar mohra pishti, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, tal sindoor, sudhyog tablet, shwet parpati, yavakshaar. These all ingredients in combination reduces vata dosha, maintain stiffness, pain, irritation in the lower back.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
2. Vaat Nashak Vati
Vaat Nashak Vati is herbal tablets that contain ingredients like jahar mohra pishti, abhrak bhasma, giloy satav, etc. It balances the vata dosha in the body that is the reason for slipped disc. These herbal tablets deal with pain, numbness, stiffness, irritation, & burning sensation in the back.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
3. Pain O Kill Syrup
Pain O Kill Syrup contains herbal ingredients such as Ashwagandha roots, Hadjod, Punarnava root, Suranjan sweet gum, Shalaki gum, Nirgundi leaves, Garlic bulb, Methi seeds, etc. These all ingredients reduce pain, numbness, inflammation, stiffness, swelling in the joints.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
4. Pain O Kill Oil
Pain O Kill Oil is a herbal oil that is prepared from herbs such as Kustha, Jyotishmati, Rasna, Devdaru, Vatsnabh, etc. These all herbs in combination shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-oxidant, & immuno-modulator properties. The local application of this oil over the affected area of the body reduces pain, inflammation, & stiffness.
Method of application: Apply this oil over the affected area & massage gently for 10 minutes.
5. Panchsakar Churna
Panchsakar Churna is formulated with the ingredients such as swarnapatri, shunthi, balaharitaki, shatapushpa, & saindhava lavana. The powder form of these ingredients removes toxins from the body naturally.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful with lukewarm water at bedtime.
6. Ras Rajeshwar Ras
Ras Rajeshwar Ras is herbal tablets that is composed of herbs such as Ashwagandha, Kakamachi, Shudh guggulu, Bala, Shudh vishamushti that shows antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, & immuno-modulator properties. These all ingredients in combination deal with the neuro-muscular conditions that balance vata dosha in the body. It strengthens the nerves & muscles in slipped disc problems.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
What is the Panchakarma Treatment for Slipped Disc?
Panchakarma treatment gives good & effective results to the Slipped disc patient as it balances vata dosha in the body. Along with ayurvedic medicines, panchakarma therapies provides relaxation to the stretched nerves & muscles. The therapies that are recommended to slipped disc patients are mentioned below:
- Patra potli pind sweda: In this therapy, a bolus (potli) is prepared with the herbal leaves. These leaves are dipped in medicated oil, heat the oil, & use this over the affected part of the body.
- Shashti shali pind sweda: In this therapy, a potli is filled with cooked shashti shali rice after that it is dipped in lukewarm medicated oil. This herbal potli is applied over the affected area of the body. After that massage of the body is done.
- Kati vasti: In this procedure, a ring of flour is formed on the lower back after that lukewarm medicated oil is put in it. With the help of sponge this oil is removed & again lukewarm oil is put from four to five times. After that gentle massage is done.
- Abhyangam: In this procedure, massage with lukewarm medicated oil is done over the whole body.
Healthy Diet & Lifestyle
For managing your slipped disc problem a healthy diet & lifestyle is necessary. So follow some healthy tips that are essential for everyone mentioned below in detail:
- Include vegetables such as bottle gourd, bitter gourd, ridge gourd, carrot, beans, fenugreek, spinach, coriander, beet root, etc. Avoid vegetables such as potato, sweet potato, ladyfinger, yam, etc.
- Eat fresh fruits like apple, papaya, peach, pear, pomegranate, watermelon, musk melon, & avoid fruits such as citrus fruits.
- Drink plenty of water, drink green coconut water, fresh juices such as apple, carrot, pomegranate, beetroot, etc.
- Do perform yoga poses like ushtrasana, bhujangasana, ardha salabhasana, dhanurasana, & meditation.
- Also do perform walk or exercise daily.