HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH DURING PREGNANCY
Pregnancy occurs when a sperm fertilizes an egg (ova) that is released in the female during the ovulatory period. Then this fertilized egg travels down into the womb i.e. uterus. As a result implantation occurs and if this implantation is successful then it results in pregnancy. On average, a full-term pregnancy lasts for about 40 weeks. Many factors can affect an ongoing pregnancy.
Early pregnancy diagnosis that takes place before the pregnancy is of utmost importance for are a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Having the knowledge of what to expect during the full pregnancy term is important for monitoring both the health and the health of the baby. There are also effective forms of methods that help in birth control if you’d like to prevent pregnancy. An increase in discharge from the vagina is the common earliest sign of pregnancy. The production of discharge may increase as early as one to two weeks after the fertilization before even missed a period. As the pregnancy progresses, increasing amounts of discharge are produced. The discharge becomes thicker and occurs more frequently at the near end of the pregnancy.
You may notice some signs and symptoms before you even take a pregnancy test. Others will appear weeks later. They are:
- Missed period
- Weight Gain
- Constipation, cramps, and back pain
- Vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre made a kit especially for pregnant women that include many natural herbs that provide strength to the female reproductive system and are beneficial in the development of a fetus. ‘’Pregnancy Care Kit’’, which contains 5 products named – Stri-Poshak syrup, Stri-Poshak capsule, Detox premium powder, Aloe Vera juice, and Phala ghrita. These medicines are prepared from 100% natural herbs and are free from any side effects and have effective results.
All products description in detail:
1. Detox Premium Powder
Detox premium powder is very beneficial in the overall functioning of all the system and is very effective for the proper development of fetus, as it contains bhasmas and natural herbs like giloy satav, jahar mohra, akik pishti, shankh bhasma, moti pishti, parwal pishti, etc. which helps in detoxification of the body naturally and also normalize the electrolyte balance.
Recommended Dosage – Take one sachet two times a day with normal water.
2. Stri-Poshak Syrup
This is a herbal syrup that is made up of natural herbs like Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Khadir chall (Acacia catechu), Ashok chall (Saraca asoca), Lodhar chall (Symplocos racemosa), etc. The ingredients help to calm the aggravated Pitta and Kapha dosha that prevents pain, discomfort, weakness, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take two teaspoonfuls twice daily.
3. Stri-Poshak Capsule
These capsules are mainly recommended for those females who are internally weak, as these capsules provide strength to the reproductive system and normalize the functions of the gastrointestinal system. Stri-Poshak capsules provide strength, stamina to the female, and make her strong to bear labor pains.
Recommended Dosage – Take two capsules twice a day with normal water.
4. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera is considered as rich in vitamins, nutrients, and fibers. It also helps in soothing inflamed tissues in the gastrointestinal tract as it acts as a natural laxative for an easy bowel movement. Regular intake of this juice will subside the morning sickness experienced during pregnancy and provides some essential nutrients that give strength to the pregnant women.
Recommended Dosage – Drink 20ml of Aloe Vera Juice daily with an equal amount of water.
5. Phala Ghrita
Phala Ghrita is a traditional Ayurvedic remedy used for maintaining women’s health. The key ingredients of this ghrita are Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), etc. This remedy helps to promote health and provides internal strength to females. Continuous intake of this ghrita will reduce general weakness, lethargy, pain, discomfort, and other symptoms during pregnancy.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 teaspoonful twice a day with lukewarm milk.
Pregnancy can be a very exciting time for most of the woman. Here is some healthy tips:
- Eat healthy diet.
- Add Starch-based foods in your diet.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Eat plenty of fiber, that is found in wholegrain bread as well as fruit and vegetables.
- Include diet rich in protein such as meat, fish, pulses, chicken, etc, every day.
- Daily consume dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cheese.
- Try to avoid oily and fried foods.
Include foods with plenty of iron, calcium, and folic acid in the diet – A growing baby needs these important nutrients from the start of the pregnancy:
- Ironis mainly found in red meat, pulses, dried fruit, green vegetables, and fortified cereals.
- Calciumis mainly found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt. (Low-fat milk, cheese, and yogurt mainly contain just as much calcium as the full-fat varieties.)
- Folic acidis usually found in green vegetables, brown rice, and fortified cereals.
- Walk daily for half an hour.
- Start taking a Vitamin when you have planned the conception.
- Practice Kegels: This is a very simple exercise that helps in making the delivery more easier and prevents the other problems.Practice squeezing as if you’re stopping the flow of urine when you use the bathroom
- Hold it for three seconds, then relax for another three seconds.
- Repeat 10 times a day.
- Avoid taking toxins so you should avoid tobacco, alcohol, illicit drugs, Because of their link to birth defects, miscarriage, and other problems.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use herbal Sunscreen: Being pregnant makes your skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight when you are pregnant so you’re prone to sunburn and dark, blotchy spots that sometimes appear on the face.