Kidney the most important organ in our body as it filters all waste from the body. Chronic Kidney Disease “a life we didn’t choose, but a life we deal with every day”. Being poked and prodded surgery, dialysis, transplants, and all temporary ways to prolong a life. Chronic kidney disease a silent killer that can ultimately lead to death. For avoiding this disease, try to be natural and take ayurvedic treatment for reviving your kidneys. As Ayurved have numerous herbs that will increase the life-span of kidneys naturally without causing any side-effects to the body.
The main function of kidneys is not to filter blood, & waste products. But also to balance electrolyte levels, stimulating the production of red blood cells, and controlling blood pressure.
What are the Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease?
There are total five stages that will refer how well your kidneys are working in a proper manner. So for proper knowledge let’s have a look on all these stages. Through eGFR a blood test we measure the filtration rate of kidneys in blood.
- CKD Stage 1: In stage 1 your kidneys are mildly damaged & no symptoms are seen at this level. The eGFR level at this stage is greater than 90. You can see signs like few protein loss in urine. Some physical damage to the kidneys can be seen at this level.
- CKD Stage 2: When your eGFR level is in between 60 and 89 you face mild kidney damage. You can see mild damage in your kidneys as there will be few protein loss in urine. Physical damage to the kidneys can be shown.
- CKD Stage 3: At this stage, your kidneys are moderately damaged with eGFR ranging between 30 and 59. The symptoms that are most common at this stage are swelling in hands, and feet, more or less urination than normal, backache, high blood pressure, bone disease, anemia.
- CKD Stage 4: At this stage, there is moderate or severe damage seen. The kidneys are not working properly. It is the second last stage of kidney failure. The eGFR ranges between 15 and 30 at this level. The signs and symptoms seen at this stage are backache, swelling in feet and hands, more or less urination than the normal, bone disease, anemia, high blood pressure, etc. Kidney transplant and dialysis are recommended to these patients.
- CKD Stage 5: This is the last stage where your kidneys are very close to failure or completely damage. The eGFR rate in these patients is less than 15. Your kidneys are not able to remove toxins and waste from the body. The signs and symptoms common in these patients are backache, swelling in hand and feet, nausea, vomiting, breathlessness, muscle cramps, itching, loss of appetite, sometimes frequent or decrease in urine than normal, insomnia, etc. Dialysis or kidney transplant is recommended to these patients.
What are the General Signs and Symptoms Seen in Chronic Kidney Patients?
All signs and symptoms that are common in chronic kidney patients are:
- Loss of appetite
- Muscular cramps
- Swelling in feet, ankle, hands
- Puffiness under eyes
- Sometimes frequent urination or decreased urination
- Abdominal pain
- Nasal bleeding
- General weakness
- Congestive heart failure
What are the Causes of Chronic Kidney Disease?
The people who are at higher risk of chronic kidney diseases are:
- High blood pressure patients
- Diabetic patients
- A person with heart disease
- Autoimmune diseases like IgA nephropathy, Rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, etc
- Genetic diseases like polycystic kidney disease
- Urinary tract infections
Healthy Tips & Diet for Chronic Kidney Patients:
- Chronic kidney patients should consume less than 1.5 liter of water in whole day.
- Include vegetables kike bottle gourd, cabbage, pumpkin, green leafy vegetables, fenugreek, ridge gourd, bitter gourd, boiled carrot, potato, peas.
- Avoid vegetables like spinach, sweet potato, brinjal, kale, cauliflower, mushroom, beetroot, onion, cucumber, garlic, yam.
- You can take boiled egg white but avoid fish, meat, chicken, etc.
- Consume fruits like papaya, apple, & pear. Avoid high potassium fruits like banana, dates, orange, lemon, raisins, pomegranate, avocado, pineapple.
- You can include spices like coriander, fenugreek, cardamom, bay leaves.
- Avoid extra intake of salt in your diet, it’s better to take a very less amount of salt.
- Yellow lentils, pink lentils, green gram is good for you rest other should be avoided.
- You can take low fat milk but avoid other dairy products.
- Fast food and processed food should be strictly avoided.
- Early in the morning on an empty stomach drink 20 ml of Aloe vera & Bottle gourd juice daily.
- You should walk for 20 to 30 mins a day.
- Take a sleep of 8 hours every day.
- Always avoid food that is rich in high potassium content & take food that is rich in iron content.