Acidity is the only problem that interferes your daily activities. About 150 million people suffer from digestive diseases that ultimately give birth to the acidity. The excessive formation of acid in the body gives rise to many other diseases.
The wrong eating habits (eating excessive junk food, spicy food, processed food), sedentary lifestyle (not doing any activities like exercise, playing games, sports, etc), prolonged sitting jobs is the major reason for acidity. Acidity is the acid reflux that leads to heartburn in the lower chest when stomach acid flows back into the food pipe. When a person fell acid reflux for more than twice a week he/she is finally diagnosed with
Gastroesophageal reflux disease. People use to take antacids for a long period that causes side-effects on the body. So instead of that, you should start with ayurvedic and herbal treatment.
What are the Signs & Symptoms of Acidity?
The signs & symptoms that are easily noticeable in acidity patients are:
- Burning sensation in the chest region
- Bad breath
- Sore throat
- Pain in abdomen
- Dry cough
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Mouth ulcers
- Itching on the body
- General weakness
What are the Causes of Acidity?
There are different causes that can form the acidity in an individual mentioned below:
- Eating food items that are not healthy like (fried food, cheese, butter, processed food, pickle, spicy food, papad, maggie, & pasta, etc).
- Obesity is the main reason for acidity.
- Drinking beverages like coffee, alcohol, carbonated drink, tea, etc.
- Excessive intake of food items like tomato, onions, garlic, citrus fruits, chocolate, red chilies, green chilies, etc.
- Drinking alcohol
- Being pregnant
- Excessive intake of blood pressure medications, aspirin, ibuprofen, muscle relaxant, etc.
- Not performing any activities like playing games, sports, exercise, yoga, etc.
- Excessive consumption of non-vegetarian food.